- This event has passed.
Seminar on Fire Safety – “Preventing Flames, Surviving Lives”
June 27, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fire safety is of the utmost importance in any building. It is crucial that your working environment complies with all building regulations to ensure the safety of your employees and the protection of your building. Fire safety should always be a main concern, no matter what type of business you run, especially those dealing with chemicals, or how many people are employed. Making sure that you have the correct fire protection and prevention strategies in place is crucial to help minimize the risk of a fire. It is also important to ensure that the practical fire safety and evacuation plans are in place and to have appropriate types of fire extinguishers/ equipment properly maintained to apply on varying types of fire.
The objectives of the seminar are to:
- equip participants with essentials of fire safety, fire-fighting and fire prevention as well as appropriate measures/ methodology to respond to fire emergency;
- provide understanding on the roles of Emergency Response Team (ERT) as “First Responder” in managing fire emergency, fire safety and fire prevention, safe chemical handling, evacuation drill and fire drill;
- familiarize participants with fire terminology, fire alarm system, classification of fire, and types of fire-fighting equipment;
- provide knowledge on the ways fire develops, and what can accelerate it, to more advanced modes of protection, including what type of fire equipment should be applied to varying kinds of fire; and
- understand the fire control measures that the employers must implement and how these should be maintained.
Who Should Attend:
Safety and Health Committee Members, Emergency Response Team Members, Manufacturing Managers/ Executives, Facilities Managers/ Executives, EHS Managers/ Executives, Chemical Handlers, Safety & Health Officers, Department Supervisors, Production Executives/ Officers/ Supervisors, Line Leaders/ Supervisors, and those “First Responders” responsible for fire emergency, fire safety and fire prevention.